How long is Chlamydia contagious for after treatment?
How long is Chlamydia contagious for after being treated? I finished the 7 day Doxycycline treatment and had sex on day 8 (from start). I would have liked to wait more than the recommended 7 days of abstinence but my gf from out of state was in town and we had sex.  Is it possible that I was still contagious at this point?  I read somewhere that bacterial infections are not contagious at about 48 hours after treatment is started.  Is this accurate?  Thanks
Most likely you wouldn't have been contagious must past a few days, but even the most conservative recommendations is 7 days, so you were fine.

Had your gf been tested and treated?  If you had sex with her prior to being diagnosed, she needs to be treated as well.

Aj
No, I hadn't had sex with her in a couple months.  We split up for a while and I had sex with another person that then told me to check myself a couple weeks later.  Thanks for your help