Chlamydia Community
How long until all symptoms go away?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

How long until all symptoms go away?

I recently went and got tested for all STD's and HIV (blood and urine test.) My results came back positive for chlamydia. But before my results came back I went to the doctor and he took a sample of my urine and noticed bacteria in it. He prescribed me Azithromycin for possible chlamydia and Ciprofloxacin for possible UTI. I took all of the Azithromycin and started the Ciprofloxacin when I got home. Well, I had an allergic reaction to the Cipro so I got a prescription of Nitrofurantoin mono/mac which I completed dosage over a weeks time like instructed. It has been 10 days since taking the Azithromycin and I still notice little white particles in my urine. Before I took the Azithromycin there was white, long and stringy bactereia in my urine (really noticable.) My question is how long will bacteria remain in urine after taking Azithromycin? Or am I just examining my urine more closely now and noticing normal waste found in urine?

Thanks for your help.
Tags: symptom, GO AWAY, how?, long, STDs
Go back to your doctor. he/she needs to follow this up.