Chlamydia Community
How soon after exposure to chlamydia would a swab give a positive resul...
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

How soon after exposure to chlamydia would a swab give a positive result?

I had a routine STD test done with my doctor a few months ago and everything came back negative. I have been having some other problems lately so my doctor decided to do another chlamydia swab? Assuming that my boyfriend has been faithful and I have not caught anything from him, I asked her why she wanted to do another swab if my results were negative last time and I had not been with anyone else since? I asked her if it was possible to have a negative result then and have a positive result now. She said depending on when I was infected (if I was infected) it may have been too early to detect. So my question is.... how long does it take to have a positve result for chlamydia after exposure? I had been with the "suspected" person a few weeks to a month before my test was done, if I did have chlamydia wouldn't the positive result have shown by then?