Chlamydia Community
How to take Azithromycin?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

How to take Azithromycin?

Hi guys,

I am a 24 yo male
I was diiagnosed with non specific urethritis yesterday, possibly Chlamydia, I forgot what my doctor said about how to take teh medicine and label confuses me.

I have a 4 tablet 250mg each of Azithromycin, some sites talk about 3 or 6 tablets, not 4.

Does anyone have any idea.....have appointemnt on tuesday for 2nd Hep B vaccine and do you think I can wait and ask again?

Thanks a lot
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
207091_tn?1337713093
You can wait if you want.  Have you been diagnosed with NSU, or are you self treating?

If you have been diagnosed, take the 4 pills at one time.  If you are self treating, talk to your doctor first.

AJ
Blank
1 gram of azithromycin is standard treatment for NSU. In your case 250 times 4 = 1000mg or a gram so yes you should take them all at once, at least 1 hour after eating and wait an hour to eat again. DO NOT CONSUME ALCOHOL FOR 24 HOURS after taking the tablets as this may cause them to fail. You may get a bit of diarrhoea, this is normal. Take care
Blank
Hi,

Thanks a lot,

I was diagnosed with NSU(rectal Chlamydia) and doctor told me what you said and preferably in teh evening, will hopefully take them today.

Thanks Guys
Blank
207091_tn?1337713093
FWK -

NSU is not rectal chlamydia.  NSU is non-specific urethritis, and is an infection in your urethra.

Rectal chlamnydia is an anal chlamydia infection.  That would mean they did an anal swab and found chlamydia there, specifically.

Scurred - Possibly, but its not a preferred treatment.  If you have symptoms, and they don't clear up, follow up with your doc.

AJ
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Chlamydia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank