Chlamydia Community
I can't keep going threw this. Any help would be encouraging.

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

I'm a 31 year old male. About 4 months ago i began to feel a slight itch from within my urethra. About a week of that and I noticed that my penis began to feel sore and extremely sensitive to the touch. Just the brushing of my pants became unbearable. Finally that turned into having to urinate very frequently. No redness, or bumps on the exterior. I figured I had a urinary track infection. I went to the doctors and he recommended a urine sample and to get fully tested for all STD's. Both the urine sample and the STD tests came back positive for Chlamydia. Everything else came back negative. My wife and i were both successfully treated for Chlamydia with a 14 day antibiotic of doxy-something? We followed all instructions of abstinence by the doctor. My wife never to this day had any symptoms related to chlamydia her test came back negative as well. My pain and discomfort diminished down to nothing by about day 8 of the antibiotic. Lasted about 2 months and then all the symptoms came back. Found myself back at the doctors. Once again a urine sample was done. Once again it tested negative for chlamydia. My doctor recommended I see a urologist. He gave me a penis swab (absolutely the worst) and said he wants me to come back after the results in about 2 weeks to have a small procedure that involves a camera placed in through the urethra.. My question to you is what kind of infections can I have that are not STD involved, and are there any post problems that Chlamydia could have caused. Please help! I have three kids and a very forgiving wife all that I work very hard for and all this stress has been weighing down on me heavily. Depression is starting to be felt and I just want to truly diagnose this problem and treat it properly so I never have to deal with it again. Thank you so much for any input in this matter.
Hi, things are a little slow on sundays but Vance will get back to you when he can. im not sure he checks this side on sundays but he would be one of the better people  to answer your question. Just keep checking back here every few hours. I know he will answer you by tomm for sure.
Thank you so much and I would be very grateful if he could give some input whenever he gets a chance. Very stressed out over this. Thanks again
So you said your wife is very forgiving so I am guessing you went outside the relationship and got chlamydia?

With negative tests I can't say what is going on right now. It's not chlamydia but your uriologist would be the best at this point to keep working with.