Chlamydia Community
I have Chlamydia, but my husband doesn't?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

I've been with my husband since I was 13 and he's my first and last. I have never been with anyone else, but he had women before me and cheated on me one time. Everytime I get pregnant, I always get a positive on Chlamydia and always got treated for it. With my third pregnancy in 2008, I was positive again and me and my husband took the couple-pill to treat the Chlamydia. My husband and I had sex last week and got tested for STDs. Got our results today and found out that I'm the only one that has Chlamydia. What I don't get is, If I had Chlamydia all this time... don't I suppose to pass the Chlamydia to him? I'm so confused and angry what's going on and my husband thinks I'm not being faithful.
If you have not taken medication I would suggest retesting. If you are positive then your husband would have aquired it, taken medication and already cured it. You would not have had chlamydia all this time.

I can only think that either your husband has cheated more then you know or you are geting a lot of false positives.
I always taken the medication every time I get a positive on Chlamydia. My husband and I took the medication together at the same time back in 2008, but my doctor says I have it again. I never cheated in my life! His doctor says he is a negative. It's so weird... because it's like his doctor is making my husband think I'm a cheater...
I don't think his Dr is doing that, his Dr should just be telling him facts like I am tell to you.
There better be a really good answer to this because none of this is making sense. I don't think my husband is cheating because there's no proof at all and I know I never cheated either. I'm having false positives since 2005 till now?  My husband and I got treated and now I'm the only one that has it??? that means I would've pass it to him too. Right?  All I can think of is my husband's doctor gave the wrong results and I hope tomorrow will fix that for sure.
I can't really tell you more then I already have told you.
Either you have false positives, or someone is cheating. Just because you have it doesn't mean you passed it on. But chances are that you did not have it for 2+ years.
no maybe you should go to a diff clinic that is only for std,and also you can not have sex for the 10 days and u need to follow the directions both go get tested negitive or not get the 10 day antibiotic not the 1 pill... and IT IS POSSIBLE FOR A MAN TO SLEEP WITH A INFECTED WOMAN AND NOT GETTING THE VIRUS BECAUSE THE SAME HAPPENED TO MY HUSBAND WHEN WE WAS KIDS HE SLEEP WITH A OLD FRIEND OF MINE THEN I SLEPT WITH HIM UNPROTECTED SHE CALLED INFORMED ME SHE HAD IT ME AND MY MAN WENT TO CLINIC AND WE WAS BOTH NEG.. THEY SAID MY MANS IMMUNE SYSTEM WAS STRONG ENOUGH TO FIGHT IT OFF,,,IF U HAD DISEASES BEFORE YOUR 99% GETTING IT CUZ UR IMMUNE SYSTEM
this is a very old post, start a new post if you have a question