I have Oral Chlamydia... Could this be a tonsillitis mistake? - please see below
Ok so... I have suffered with tonsillitis from the age of 18 quite severely. I was on the register at one point to have them removed however the tonsillitis subsided. This brings me to about 3 years ago. I have been having quite severe tonsillitis since this point. I had a HIV test as my doctor advised this would be sensible as i had a few symptoms and was best to rule it out. I had the test and was HIV- which as you can imagine left me breathing a breath of relief. I then found out that evening that i had contracted Oral Chlamydia. I also found out 2 days later that my ex partner had also got this. I had put this down to maybe he had cheated on me and not told me. I then took the Antibiotics and today (almost 2 months since the test) went back and found that i had Oral Chlamydia again. How is this possible??? I took the Antibiotics!! and I have been with a regular partner who i trust implicitly. Could this be the tonsillitis? Could the tonsillitis have been misdiagnosed all this time??? I suppose the main question here is HOW? My partner now doesn't trust me and I have been nothing but faithful. I feel awful and to be quite frank, lonely and sad. Please someone help as I'm unsure what to do. There is only so much reassuring i can do for my partner to say i haven't cheated on him.  SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!???!!
SHOW YOUR PARTNER THE DISCUSSIONS WE ARE HAVING HERE ON MEDHELP .THEY ALL INDICATE HOW DRS ARE WRITING THESE THINGS OFF AND MISDIAGNOSING THESE THINGS.YOU SHOULD BE ALE TO SHOW HOW MANY OF US ARE SUFFERING FOR SO LONG BECAUSE OF THE PROTOCOLS DRS  HAVE TO FOLLOW AND THE ARROGANCE .THAT IS WHY IT COULD BE OVERLOOKED FOR SO LONG.I MYSELF HAD URETHRITIS FOR TEN YEARS AND I FINALLY GOT THE GUTS TO TAKE THE TREATMENT FOR GONORRHEA .I FOUND A DR THAT WOULD GIVE ME THE SHOT AND MY THROAT CLEARED UP AND MY URETHRA PAIN IS GONE I COULD NOT GET A PSITIVE TEST FOR ANY THING JUST ODD THAT I SUSPECTED GONORRHEA OF THE THROAT AND THAT TREATMENT ERRADICATED IT AND AT THE SAME TIME ELIMINATED MY URETHRITIS .

AS FAR AS CONTRACTING IT AGAIN MAYBE ITS YOUR PARTNER THAT HAS BEEN GIVING IT TO YOU THAT COULD BE WHY YOU WERE NEVER DIAGNOSED WITH IT .HAS YOUR PARTNER BEEN TESTED ?OR THE OTHER IDEA THAT THE COURSE OF ANTIBIOTICS WERE NOT ENOUGH TO CLEAR THE INFECTION.INFECTIONS OF THE THROAT CAN REQUIRE STRONGER TREATMENTS SOME TIMES.

BUT IN ANY CASE YOU SHOULD BOTH BE TREATED SO THAT YOU DONT PASS THIS INFECTION BACK AND FORTH.