I need some help! My partner has given me chlamydia.
I have been with my partner for 4 years. A year ago I had a pap smear and some screening and it came back all clear. A few days ago I had a mirena removed as we were planning on having a baby. I commented on some pain during intercourse and they suggested another screening just to be sure. It came back positive for chlamydia. I have had the antibiotics, my partner is away working and is yet to be tested and treated. Now I know I have been faithful so this leaves only one culprit.....! He is denying it of course but the truth is there, plain to see. Is there any possible chance that I have it wrong? (Must add that at the very beginning of our relationship he was caught cheating, and denied it until I showed him unquestionable proof) I have a daughter who adores him. We are engaged. We own property together. I have stopped working last year to study science at university. My whole world has come crashing down, I can't see how I am going to sort this mess out. Any and all suggestions are welcome!
Well if you truly did have chalmydia then yes it would have come from him and it would not have been present for 4 years in either of you. But it is possible you had a false positive and since you have started medicaton you will not know. He should test but if he comes back negative it really would not be a sign that he never had it and transmtted it to you. But it's also not proof that he did have it. If he tests positive then that answers the questions.

Tough situation if he comes back negative because no proof that you did not have a false positive, but the pain is an indication of an infection.
Thanks. Guess I will have to wait and see what his result comes back as!