Chlamydia Community
IUD and chlamydia

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

IUD and chlamydia

I had and IUD put in just over a week ago and they took a swap for std's at the same time,
got a phone call today to say im positive for chlamydia, im not freaking out because I dont know how long i have had it or where from ( i know its in the last year as i took a test last year and it was negative)

But because of the IUD, its now been pushed into my womb and iv had what i thought was period pains or the IUD setterling in but I dont know if its PID...

iv rang up to try get a apointment to get medication but i have to try again in the morning...

how much damage would it have done in the last week??

I am just trying to stay positive as before the IUD i have the implant, and if i hadnt of changed for the IUD I would still be non the wiser that I had chlamyia :(((

So there is no timeline for PID to develop from a chlamydia infection.
Chlamydia infection doesn't do any significant damage within one week; to get or lead to symptoms of PID it takes months to years.

Also yes, stay on good mental thinking about all this, I am glad you found out you had chlamydia.   Seek treatmeant as soon as possible.  Your partner(s) need to be informed that you tested positive for chlamydia, talk to you medical provider about this.