Chlamydia Community
IUD and chlamydia
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

IUD and chlamydia

I had and IUD put in just over a week ago and they took a swap for std's at the same time,
got a phone call today to say im positive for chlamydia, im not freaking out because I dont know how long i have had it or where from ( i know its in the last year as i took a test last year and it was negative)

But because of the IUD, its now been pushed into my womb and iv had what i thought was period pains or the IUD setterling in but I dont know if its PID...

iv rang up to try get a apointment to get medication but i have to try again in the morning...

how much damage would it have done in the last week??

I am just trying to stay positive as before the IUD i have the implant, and if i hadnt of changed for the IUD I would still be non the wiser that I had chlamyia :(((