Aa
A
A
Close
Infection of penis from toilet - Advice
Hello all,

This is rather embarrassing but I need help on this one.

I recently went on a trip to Hong Kong and while on this trip I used a public toilet as I needed to poo.
While sitting on the toilet and wiping the seat came loose and the tip of my penis made contact with the bowl.

I have read that it is unlikely to contract anything from a toilet, but two days after this incident I started getting burning in the tip of my penis. Now I have an inflamed tip with discharge. I am currently waiting results from tests to see if I have contracted anything.

The horrid thing is that the doctor asked if I had any unprotected sex while on the trip. My answer was a stern NO, I am married and have a son (although I know this does not stop some men) but I did not under any circumstances have I had any sexual contact with anyone except my wife. I explained this to the doctor!

I have explained everything to my wife as I am genuinely worried about the infection, she has now asked me whether I has sex while on the trip. This is worrying me terribly as we have a good relationship!

Can anyone here confirm whether it is possible (even minutely) to contract something from a toilet?

I understand that most STD's do not last on surfaces, but I will add that this particular toilet is in a very busy location and I waited in line to use it at the time. Meaning, I used it immediately after someone else.

The symptoms I am having resemble that of Chlamydia. But I am hoping that it is just a simple infection.

Please, your advice would be greatly appreciated.
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
No it is not possible to get a STD from a toilet.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Hello Vance,

May I ask for a medical explanation as to why?

I am feeling a little perplexed here as I have not had sexual contact.

If the results come back positive for an STD, how can this be explained?

Thank you.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
If your STD tests are positive then you either have a false positive, your lying or your wife has gone outside the relationship.

Why can you not get a STD from a toilet...because STD's have that name for a reason. Not passed through touch, smell or toilets.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
STD results came back negative. It was Urithritis, which has since cleared up after a course of Penicillin.

Thank you for your time and replies.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Chlamydia Community Resources