Chlamydia Community
Infection of penis from toilet - Advice
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Infection of penis from toilet - Advice

Hello all,

This is rather embarrassing but I need help on this one.

I recently went on a trip to Hong Kong and while on this trip I used a public toilet as I needed to poo.
While sitting on the toilet and wiping the seat came loose and the tip of my penis made contact with the bowl.

I have read that it is unlikely to contract anything from a toilet, but two days after this incident I started getting burning in the tip of my penis. Now I have an inflamed tip with discharge. I am currently waiting results from tests to see if I have contracted anything.

The horrid thing is that the doctor asked if I had any unprotected sex while on the trip. My answer was a stern NO, I am married and have a son (although I know this does not stop some men) but I did not under any circumstances have I had any sexual contact with anyone except my wife. I explained this to the doctor!

I have explained everything to my wife as I am genuinely worried about the infection, she has now asked me whether I has sex while on the trip. This is worrying me terribly as we have a good relationship!

Can anyone here confirm whether it is possible (even minutely) to contract something from a toilet?

I understand that most STD's do not last on surfaces, but I will add that this particular toilet is in a very busy location and I waited in line to use it at the time. Meaning, I used it immediately after someone else.

The symptoms I am having resemble that of Chlamydia. But I am hoping that it is just a simple infection.

Please, your advice would be greatly appreciated.
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
580755_tn?1357673215
No it is not possible to get a STD from a toilet.
Blank
Hello Vance,

May I ask for a medical explanation as to why?

I am feeling a little perplexed here as I have not had sexual contact.

If the results come back positive for an STD, how can this be explained?

Thank you.
Blank
580755_tn?1357673215
If your STD tests are positive then you either have a false positive, your lying or your wife has gone outside the relationship.

Why can you not get a STD from a toilet...because STD's have that name for a reason. Not passed through touch, smell or toilets.
Blank
STD results came back negative. It was Urithritis, which has since cleared up after a course of Penicillin.

Thank you for your time and replies.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Chlamydia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank