Chlamydia Community
Interpretation of the chlamydia trachomatis tests

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

I have a question, as I am now very confused.
I have got pregant recently and meanwile I did first the blood test for chlamydia. The results were:
IgG positive [1,34]
IgM negative [0,34]

One doctor said that I have chlamydia, but I don't have to worry now.
However I started to read about it and I did get worried in the end a bit, because everywhere it was written that having chlamydia can cause different unpleasant things until the due date, it requires treatment by both partners, but after the 14th week of pregnancy plus that blood test are not reliable for checking it.

So I went another doctor to do the Bionexia Floratest from the vagine. I showed her the blood test results and she said that I do not have chlamydia and that the results are showing only the fact, that I was indeed infected by chlamydia in the past, but am not anymore - am chlamydia resistant. Can it be true?? (1)

Furthermore the floratest showed negative result. But I was afterwards sceptical as I had been taking Duomox for the past 4 days (Amoxiciclin 750 mg x 2 per day) due to the throat infection, so I am not sure whether it might have affected the floratest result. Could it affect? (2)

Finally, assuming that I did was infected once by chlamydia, but I have not had any symptoms ever, that yet I could get problems during my pregnancy? (3) Or as long as there are no symptoms no treatment is necessary? (4) Should I re-do the floratest after while? (5)

thank you for the help!

Sunny
Blood test for chlamydia is junk. Have a swab or urine test for a correct result.
I have the same thing. From what my doctor told me, the IgG means that you have been exposed to the STD in the past but it is no longer active and you could not have had it within 2-3 months of taking that test, or it would not be a G, it would be an M.  IgM means that the disease is still active and/or still needs to be treated. IgG means you have the antibody in your system, and although you may not have the disease active within you, it can of course come back if you are exposed again.