Is Chlamydia dormant?
My long term boyfriend and I tested negative for Chlamydia 6 months ago. I then had pelvic pains last week and was re-tested for Chlamydia again which came out positive. My boyfriend got tested 2 days ago and his came out negative (I have hard copies of all his test results so no dishonesty is assumed). I haven’t been with anyone else in the last 4 years but my partner, he has tested negative twice and now I don’t understand how I was negative and now positive. Kaiser Permanente doctors keep telling me sometimes there are false negatives/positives and my boyfriend gave it to me? Huh? I don’t get this, then what is the point in being tested for STD’s? Also, I went to Mexico and used a Jacuzzi and the Kaiser dr.s tell me the Jacuzzi in mexico cause gonnarhea, herpes and trichomoniasis. Is this true??
No, you do not get gonnorhea, trich, or herpes from sitting in a hot tub.  Now, if there was sexual activity involved, then possibly. This is the same with chlamydia.  

I don't know what to tell you except for both of you to test again.  Someone is getting a false result if in fact the both of you are monogamous.
hello, i appreciate the advice but you are not an MD. see this link about trichomoniasis http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/1323.html  
Trich from a hot tub - maybe.

Chlamydia - no way.  Has your bf retested since you tested positive?  If you have already been treated, there's no way to know if yours was a false pos or his was a false neg.  Its far more likely that his was a false neg, but its possible its either.

Keep in mind that no one on this forum is an MD, but this is where you asked your question.  If you'd like an MD to answer your question, you need to post in our expert forum and pay for it.

Aj
omg! i got my 2nd test result back and it came out negative! i knew this was ********. DOCTORS KNOW NOTHING, SO BEWARE EVERYONE
PS- i tested postive on Monday, now negative on Thursday. So in 3 days the chlamydia has miraculously left my body! I didnt even take meds for it! RIDICULOUS
Medicine is not an exact science.  I have never met a doctor who claims to know everything.  There is always a chance of failure.  You are making a big deal out of a common infection that is curable.  Try looking at the positive instead of focusing on the negatives.