Chlamydia Community
Is the Chlamydia back or is it a simple UTI?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Is the Chlamydia back or is it a simple UTI?

About two months ago I was told I had chlamydia. I was treated with 2 500mg tablets of Azithromycin and sent home. About a month later I was still showing symptoms so I was again treated with the same 2 500mg tablets of Azithromycin. I had unprotected sex about 4-5 days after taking the antibiotics and since then I have felt fine.

Recently, it has started to slightly sting during sex (still with the same partner I had sex with after the second treatment). We have both stayed within the relationship, so no outside sources. I am starting to have symptoms that resemble a UTI: frequent peeing, discomfort when trying to empty bladder, normal discharge is slightly heavier and has a strong odor to it, but doesn't smell fishy. Itches only sometimes, and doesn't constantly itch after scratching it.

My vagina is not swollen, there's no cottage cheesey type of discharge, and there is no constant itch which rules out a yeast infection.

Currently only experiencing UTI type symptoms. I have also been having a lot of sex lately, and I used to get UTI's, bacterial vaginosis, and yeast infections frequently before I got chlamydia.

Could there still be chlamydia in my system?
Could I just have a UTI accompanied with bacterial vaginosis?
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
580755_tn?1357673215
Probably not chlamydia but see a Dr.

Has your partner tested before you started unprotected sex with him.
Blank
Yes, he was tested after his last sexual encounter and all STD tests came back negative.  

I just had my yearly pap smear done, so if there was anything iffy with my pap smear it would come back either unclear or abnormal. Would chlamydia cause an abnormal or unclear pap? Haven't gotten my results yet.
Blank
You prolly didnt wait long enough after you took the medication... Its a 2 week wait they tell you do not have sex until you have another pap smear and sure all infections are gone... Any type of discharge with an odor is a sign of infection.. Not ness a std could be as simple as Bacteria Vaginosis... Get checked out just to be on the safe...
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Chlamydia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank