Chlamydia Community
LGV relapse
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

LGV relapse

Hi,
I had unprotected sex and after several days I had swelling and pain in my crotch lymph glands, and low fever, the PCR results for clamydia (chlamydia) returned negative but the pain in my glands got stronger and stronger, according to my symphtoms the doctor decided I have  LGV, I took 4 weeks on doxycycline 2*100mg a day, (the pain stopped after a week), 3 days after I finish the treatment the pain in the lymph glands returned, my question is:

what is the second line of defence when doxycycline fails, assuming I have LGV?
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
3149845_tn?1386354841
Hi yoram, is sever cases it is surgically repaired. Have you been tested for HIV?
Blank
STD PCR + HIV came back clean, the only thing keeping the glands from hearting is the doxycycline, surgery looks like a final resort, maybe I should try a different antibiotic, not sure which
Blank
580755_tn?1357673215
We don't give out medicine info on this site. Follow up with your Dr.
Blank
The Doctors are clueless, I wanted to hear from someone that encountered the same problem
Blank
3149845_tn?1386354841
You say that the doctors "decided" it is LVG. This is a very rare thing to pick up and is mostly in africa and somewhat in europe. If you are from the Netherlands, it being spread all through your country.  If your node tubes are blocked from infection, they will have to do a needle cleaning.
Blank
some news, the doctors could not find any evidence for LGV, so I got checked for herpes and returned positive for herpes type 1 and 2, what is puzzling is how doxcycline helps eliminate my symptoms? When I stop my glands hurts.
Blank
I feel so lost, I am on doxycyline for so long (almost 2 month now), when I stop my glands get big,  I have no idea what can it be, all tests returns negative, anybody knows what can it be? what reacts to doxcycline and affects the glands and it is not Clamidia?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Chlamydia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...