Chlamydia Community
Long term Chlamydia risk?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Long term Chlamydia risk?

Hello Doctors --

I was exposed to Chlamydia 15 months ago by an ex girlfriend. It was treated, but I never followed up with a doctor. Now, my new girlfriend and I are experiencing an outbreak. Is it possible that my last outbreak is to blame for this?

Any advice you have would be appreciated!
11 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I would also like to add that I slept with the ex again after my initial case. Neither my current gf nor I have symptoms, but my doctor very much thinks I have it. I get my test results next week.

My girlfriend got a pap smear in September, but chlamydia didn't show. She's suspicious I cheated on her, which I absolutely have not. I trust she hasn't cheated.

So here are my questions:

1. Do pap smears show chlamydia?
2. Is it possible for both of us to be carrying dormant chlamydia for this long?
3. Would it show symptoms?
4. What are the long term implications for both my girlfriend and I.
Blank
3149845_tn?1415046551
Hi and welcome. You said you and her are having and "outbreak" but then you say you dont have symptoms. If you dont have symptoms then what is the outbreak?
Blank
Great question, sorry for being unclear. There are no symptoms still. But my doc says he thinks it's there. He swabbed, based on my red urethra (it's been like that for ages -- I thought that's just how they look). The tests come back next week.

Thanks for replying. Any feedback you have is appreciated.
Blank
3149845_tn?1415046551
Im not a doctor but my experience with this is a urethrea "itching" and a slight yellow discharge that shows up about 7 days after exposure. Its said that often there are no symptoms but i personally believe if you had it you would have at least some ithching.. But just relax and wait for the results and obstain from oral, vaginal and anal sex till you know for sure.
Blank
Update: she tested negative for a full STD screen in September. (Chlamydia included). She's convinced I cheated, but I haven't. It's looking bad right now.
Blank
580755_tn?1357673215
Very very uncommon for a man to have chlamydia for 15 months without some obvious symptoms (discharge, itching and even testicular pain at this point).
Blank
That's what I hear Vance -- but I certainly haven't recognized them. My back has been aching for about 6 months, I just thought I was getting old. I've had a off-and-on irritated urethra, but it's been pretty red for as long as I can remember. And I've had a bit of testicular pain, but... again, noting that caused me to really stop and ask about it.

Discharge would have gotten my attention, but I haven't noticed any beyond regular morning semen-stickiness.
Blank
Thanks for contributing. I appreciate your guys' perspective. I'm gathering you guys think it sounds far-fetched too.

I hear false negatives rarely happen. I personally experienced one due to over-contributing to the urine sample. I wasn't told they only needed the first few mL's.
Blank
580755_tn?1357673215
False negatives happen most of the time from testing too early or giving sample too soon after last urination.

Yes I think it is far fetched that you have chlamydia. Update us with results please.
Blank
All tests negative. No Chlamydia. Thanks for your help!
Blank
580755_tn?1357673215
Good to hear
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Chlamydia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity