Chlamydia Community
METRONIDAZOLE/FLAGYL

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

METRONIDAZOLE/FLAGYL

A woman I'm having a sexual relationship with recently tested positive for chlamydia, after I informed my doctor he prescribed 500mg of metronidazole 3 times daily for 7 days. Will this drug cure chlamydia?
No.

Ask your doc for azithromycin or doxycycline.  Tell your doc to refer to the CDC STD Treatment Guidelines if he has questions.

Aj
doxycycline, azithromycin, ofloxacin, or erythromycin. that clears up Chlamydia

Metronidazole clears up bacteria infections that dont need oxygen to live...meaning it is used mainly for they curing of Trichomoniasis

So NO it wont clear it up unless you have Trich which you dont!

dont take the meds and go see your dr and ask for listed drugs above and I suggested.

hope this helps!!