Chlamydia Community
Masturbation and Chlamydia?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Masturbation and Chlamydia?

Is it ok to masturbate after finishing treatment for chlamydia?
Yes, as long as you are physically comfortable doing so.

No sex for 7 days, but masturbation is fine.

Aj
How about sex with a condom?? =S I didn't know about this and both my girlfriend and I just finished treatment for chlamydia and the day after that we had protected sex. is that ok?
What treatment were you on?

Protected sex means you are probably ok, but its a risk since condoms break.  (You'd know if the condom broke.)

Aj
Um.... azithromycin (however you spell it), but not the 1gr dose.  Both me and my gf took azithrocin G (extended release, i think that's the G for), 4 pills total, 500mg each every 8 hours. that's 500-500-500-500 mg in a 32 hr span. The doctor said that was better than the 1gr single dose.

I didn't believe him though =S, and after we finished I took a 1gr single dose the day after that (i got mild dhiarrea and i won't do it again i promise =S ).  do you think that interfered with the ones i took before? like.... if i slightly overdose would my system take out as much antibiotics as possible and lose their effect?

oh and the condom didn't break, i'm pretty sure cause i checked afterwards, but i was just wondering exactly how is chlamydia transmitted, from....  inside the urethra/vagina, or if it can be transmitted from contact of the thighs and hips and base of the penis and testicles and all the stuff that is not protected by the condom?
The dose recommended by the CDC is 1gm at one time.  I've not heard of spreading it out over a few days, and its common to get diarrhea after taking azithromycin.

Its transmitted from inside, not from the thighs, etc.

You all are probably fine, but you might want to get a follow up test in a month or so to make sure.

Aj
We will. thanks a lot :)