Chlamydia Community
Might have Chlamydia

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Might have Chlamydia

I broke up with a 2 year relationship, and had fun being single and having safe sex. One of the boys I was with, DESPITE ME SAYING NO. Penetrated me, then I kicked him out. I was devastated. It was an "in and out" type thing, but I think it was enough to give me Chlamydia... Or atleast a severe case of Cervicitis. I'm waiting on the results. I'm being prescribed medication today. But I just feel depressed, I know it's not the end of the world, and that this disease, regardless of what it is, is common and treatable. I just want to know, how did other women feel after they were diagnosed with Chlamydia? I always remembered seeing it on the STD board when I was little, in Sex ED, and thinking "how gross!". I feel ashamed and confused, and I feel like I'm being a baby. I've just never had anything worry me like this before... I'm sorry if I'm rambling, but I have no one to talk to...
Hi and welcome. The chances your got Chlamydia from a single momentary thrust from a person not dignosed with it is really not worth getting upset about. It really takes more than that. These bacteria live in protected mucus areas and need to be transferred into the same.
I have back pain and in my check-up they saw that I had symptoms of Chlamydia... I had the yellowish discharge, an irritated cervix, I've been dealing with terrible lower back pain. I hope it's just a bad case of Cervicitis, but I can't stop feeling ashamed of HOW I got this. I've had only one partner who I was regularly sleeping with, without a condom (I'm on the orthoevra patch, and he'd never not used a condom until me), before that guy penetrated me without my consent (who claims 'I get tested regularly, I'm clean!). And before those two, I was committed to two years with no problems. I'm just scared... I know even if it is, this is an easily treated and common condition...
First find out what you have. Dont jump the guns. How long for the incident did you come down with the discharge and is the discharge from your urethra. I cant honestly believe he gave you something from such a short mishap. But the test will confirm. Please come back and let us know the result.
Either way you will be just fine.