Chlamydia Community
Mouth to Mouth

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Mouth to Mouth

Can you orally give another person an std through making out?  Say, I have either chlamydia or gonorrhea in my throat, can I transmit to another person ONLY making out with them.  No oral sex.
well you wouldn't have chlamydia in the throat but you could have gono... and yes if you had gono you could transmit that through kissing... but no worries with chlamydia.
well i called the local planned parenthood and was told that it couldn't be transmitted strictly from kissing.  but my boyfriend calls today and says he's got a sore throat and stuffy nose.  so naturally i'm FREAKING out!!!!  Seeing as he is a virgin and i'm only the 2nd girl he's kissed EVER.  
well do you know if you have Gono??

the chances of it happening are probably low but gono is easily transmitted. I would like to think it may just be a cold, there are other things that cause sore thoats. do you have any symptoms? if not i would try to relax and if that doesn't work then just get a swab.

Also, If you've had unprotected sex I recommend getting tested to know your status before having unprotected sex with your BF.
I don't know if I have it.  I am waiting for the test results to come back.  Should be back today.

I don't have any symptoms.  My throat doesn't hurt or anything.  No symptoms elsewhere either.  When the oral sex took place, he didn't ejaculate into my mouth or anything.  It was only 30 seconds maybe...which I know there is still a chance.

I'm just going to feel HORRIBLE if I did give it to him seeing as he's been such good kid!!  
Oral transmission is low, so I would relax... your results will be in soon and I hope all turns out well... I doubt you gave him any thing =)
let us know how things go.
well thanks for your advice, I hope you're right :)