Chlamydia Community
No NSU, waiting for chlamydia test

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

No NSU, waiting for chlamydia test

I went for a test last week and was given told no Non Specific Urethritis from swab. Got to wait ten days for urine test, but I am confused as everything I read says Chlamydia is the most likely cause of NSU? Therefore if I don't have NSU can I still have Chlamydia? Over the past week, I've had some itchiness in my penis, then constant need to urinate, then last day or so a little bit of clear discharge.
Thanks!
Hi, just to clarify a point, NSU and NGU are 2 heads of the same coin. Both mean a person does not have Gonorehha only. A leading cause of both is Clamydia (chlamydia). From the wording of your post it would mean that you donot have any bacterial infection in your urethra. If you tested positive for NSU, Chlamydia would be the leading culpret.
Thanks , that's helpful! So by testing negative from the swab should in theory rule out a bacteria infection (so not G or C), is that correct? If I had tested the positive for NSU then the urine test would be to confirm if it was C?
If swab negative then it would be neither. NSU can be caused by other bacteria.
Thanks for clarifying. They didn't make it clear when I had the swab done that by those being negative means it can't be G or C. I thought that it just meant it was a preliminary test and that I had to wait for the other tests to be sure it wasn't G or C.

Guess that leads me to wonder what IS causing the symptoms then? Need to pee, uncomfortable feeling in tip, slight discharge.

I guess I'll wait until next when I get the test results anyway?
Bacteria or prostate infection would be my guess.
If it was a bacteria infection would that not have been picked up on the swab?
Depends on what they tested for. If it was a specific gonorrhea and chlamydia then no.
Thanks, and just to say, have ad the results back from the urine and blood samples which are all clear. So I'll guess I'll go back to docs to try and figure out why I need to pee all the time (though its started to settle down in the last couple of days).