Chlamydia Community
Odds of contracting Chlamydia on one night stand....
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Odds of contracting Chlamydia on one night stand....

I'm in no way trying to be an enabler, but what are the no kidding odds of getting chlamydia from a normal, relatively non-promiscuous single woman in her late 20's, on a one time only, chance one night stand, if you did not wear a condom?  Again, none of what I just said is by any means a good idea, but having looked at some of the numbers, it seems that there are estimated to be between 2.1 and 4 million cases (including unreported cases) of chlamydia in sexually active adults a year.  Compare that to, let's say roughly the 60,000 million single and sexually active adults in the US (and this number is probably low).  That's roughly an 8% chance of the person you're with actually having the disease.  I've also seen a number stating that Men have approx. 25% of actually contracting the disease and women have around a 40% chance if they're having sex with an infected partner, which put's that initial 8% chance to somewhere between 2-4% chance.  Now obviously, the number of partners will significantly increase these odds, but I'm talking about the chance, one time only, one night stand.  Scare tactics aside, what are your actual chances, as a man, of getting this disease under these circumstances....?  I'm not looking for someone to tell me to go ahead and have unprotected sex as much as I want because the odds are low, I'm just curious.  Thanks for the help