Chlamydia Community
Once diagnosed with Chlamydia, then treated with antibiotics, does it e...
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Once diagnosed with Chlamydia, then treated with antibiotics, does it ever come back?

I recently went to the gynecologist for my yearly checkup and I got test results back in and I was tested positive for Chlamydia. When I went to confront my boyfriend of 4 years about it, he admitted that he had Chlamydia years ago, and the doctor gave him antibiotics to get it treated. And that he was embarrassed that's why he didn't tell me. And that he thought it went away for good after it was treated with antibiotics. But once its treated, does it ever come back? Should I be worried that he cheated on me? I never had a sexual intercourse with anyone else. I went to the gynecologist last year, and nothing came up. Why is it coming up positive now and not a year ago?
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
580755_tn?1357673215
If you have not medicated then retest and have your bf test. If he had chlamydia from over 4 yrs ago and got it treated then it would not come back. Only way to get chlamydia is from sex, so if he is positive via test and you retest positive then someone went outside of the relationship.

I have seen a high number of false positives resulting from yearly OBGYN visits due to the testing that they use. So this could be a false positive.
Blank
how do i know if it was a false positive?

i've been medicated. the doctor put me on alzorithan or something like that.

my boyfriend went to get his check up today and to get tested. just waiting on test results now.
Blank
580755_tn?1357673215
Well if bf tests negative then you probably had a false positive. But since you were medicated you will never know if you had a false positive or not 100%. But like I said if bf is negative then highly likely you had a false positive.
Blank
My boyfriend went to the doctor and they said he had an uti caused by e coli. And he wasn't tested positive for any STD's?! I'm so confused. I want to get down to the point.. He's taking dyoxocylin which can also treat chlamydia.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Chlamydia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...