Chlamydia Community
Oral Chlamydia
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Oral Chlamydia

How is oral Chlamydia tested?  Is it through and oral test or a urine test?    
Related Discussions
10 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
492652_tn?1252949008
You can't get an oral chlamydia infection.  Pharyngeal gonorrhea is possible, but not probable.
Best,
Em
Blank
207091_tn?1337713093
If you want to test for pharyngeal STDs, you need oral swabs.  It will not be detected in urine.

But Emma is right - you won't get chlamydia from oral sex.

Aj
Blank
1353832_tn?1333069724
Um, sorry, but yes you can get chlamydia from oral sex because I certainly did.  Sorry to burst your bubble.
Blank
1318465_tn?1340571541
To to clarify and seeing the importance of reading carefully.  There are 2 places of where chlamydia can infect someone.   Urethral/vaginal/-chlamydia, and there is anal chlamydia.  

Chlamydia can NOT infect the mouth.  Emma is correct.  Also Aj's comment about getting chlamydia from oral sex is also true.

You did not get oral chlamydia.  
Plus 7 hours ago you stated that you had unprotected sex (http://www.medhelp.org/posts/HIV-Prevention/symptoms/show/1318223?personal_page_id=1530569#post_6029254)
you got chlamydia from having unprotected sex.    Furthermore I your positive chlamydia was from urethral-penile area.
Blank
1353832_tn?1333069724
Look closer at that post and you will see a post one minute later saying the unprotected sex was oral sex.
Blank
580755_tn?1357673215
Never see anywhere that you said you were tested and diagnosed with oral chlamydia.
Blank
Yes u can get chlamydia in ur throat! U can also get it in ur eyes. I just found out u can get it in ur vagina anus penis throat and eyes! So its best to get tested!!
Blank
Yes you can get chlamydia orally, but it is extremely rare. and in your eye to, where it causes an infection.
Blank
Yes, you can get chlamydia in your vagina/penis. You can get chlamydia in your anus. You can get chlamydia in your eyes. You can get information on the clinical presentation of any of these infections. I have seen plenty of cases where there is one or more of these presentations. I have never seen oropharyngial (mouth and throat) clinical presentation of chlamydial infection.
I searched the literature and try as I may, I could not find a case describing the clinical presentation of chlamydial disease of the mouth and/or throat.
Yes, chlamidia has been found in the throats of individuals. In those cases, no pathological activity, that is, no disease process, has been described for the throat or mouth of those individuals.
For all practical purposes, chlamidia of the mouth or throat does not exist as a disease process.
There is pneumonia rhat can be the result of a chlamydial infection, but that is caused by a different species of chlamydia than the one that causes STDs.
Blank
Hi, did the doctor mentioned you have got chlamydia from oral sex?
how do you know ? Chlamydia has to be from intercourse !!!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Chlamydia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank