Chlamydia Community
Oral Chlamydia

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Oral Chlamydia

How is oral Chlamydia tested?  Is it through and oral test or a urine test?    
You can't get an oral chlamydia infection.  Pharyngeal gonorrhea is possible, but not probable.
Best,
Em
If you want to test for pharyngeal STDs, you need oral swabs.  It will not be detected in urine.

But Emma is right - you won't get chlamydia from oral sex.

Aj
Um, sorry, but yes you can get chlamydia from oral sex because I certainly did.  Sorry to burst your bubble.
To to clarify and seeing the importance of reading carefully.  There are 2 places of where chlamydia can infect someone.   Urethral/vaginal/-chlamydia, and there is anal chlamydia.  

Chlamydia can NOT infect the mouth.  Emma is correct.  Also Aj's comment about getting chlamydia from oral sex is also true.

You did not get oral chlamydia.  
Plus 7 hours ago you stated that you had unprotected sex (http://www.medhelp.org/posts/HIV-Prevention/symptoms/show/1318223?personal_page_id=1530569#post_6029254)
you got chlamydia from having unprotected sex.    Furthermore I your positive chlamydia was from urethral-penile area.
Look closer at that post and you will see a post one minute later saying the unprotected sex was oral sex.
Never see anywhere that you said you were tested and diagnosed with oral chlamydia.
Yes u can get chlamydia in ur throat! U can also get it in ur eyes. I just found out u can get it in ur vagina anus penis throat and eyes! So its best to get tested!!
Yes you can get chlamydia orally, but it is extremely rare. and in your eye to, where it causes an infection.
Yes, you can get chlamydia in your vagina/penis. You can get chlamydia in your anus. You can get chlamydia in your eyes. You can get information on the clinical presentation of any of these infections. I have seen plenty of cases where there is one or more of these presentations. I have never seen oropharyngial (mouth and throat) clinical presentation of chlamydial infection.
I searched the literature and try as I may, I could not find a case describing the clinical presentation of chlamydial disease of the mouth and/or throat.
Yes, chlamidia has been found in the throats of individuals. In those cases, no pathological activity, that is, no disease process, has been described for the throat or mouth of those individuals.
For all practical purposes, chlamidia of the mouth or throat does not exist as a disease process.
There is pneumonia rhat can be the result of a chlamydial infection, but that is caused by a different species of chlamydia than the one that causes STDs.
Hi, did the doctor mentioned you have got chlamydia from oral sex?
how do you know ? Chlamydia has to be from intercourse !!!