Chlamydia Community
Oral chlamydia

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Oral chlamydia

Hi , I've been reading a lot on the forum and it's very helpfull. So I am aware oral chlamydia is possible but would like some expert advice as piece of mind mainly. I was tested positive to chlamydia (genitally) and before being aware of the std I had oral sex with a partner. I would apreciate your advice on how likely this would be that I passed the std on. Baring in mind at this point it was 6 days after the sex that I caught chlamydia and had no symptoms at this point. I also did not ejaculate or even aware any pre ejaculation took place and lasted say 3 mins max.  Thanks
LOL, i am exactly in this situation. 100% the same story,
Los sientos
Very low risk, but still possible. Partner should have a throat swab to be sure or you run the risk of reinfection.
Is it possible that oral chlamydia could go away on it own?
And when you say low risk do you mean 1% risk or ... Would apreciate your reply vance.
Also can I add it's been 4 weeks and no symptoms have occurred with my partner . I am aware it can be a symptomatic std but surely after 4 week some symptoms would show ?
Hi Bushap, and sorry your  worried about this and wish the answers could be more exacting.
It does not clear up on its own but as Vance says its very low risk. I dont believe the low risk factor is broken down into percentages as you mention 1%. It is very low risk. You also mention it can be a symptomatic and i dont believe that a time zone of 4 months can be surely.

Whats important is that Vance advised a throat swab to be sure.
Thanks for reply , what did you mean "I don't believe a time zone of 4 months can be surely?" I said 4 weeks it's been since I had unprotected oral . Thanks
Yes your correct, you mentioned 4 weeks.
So your sayin come 4 months symtoms (symptoms) would have started to show?
No oral symptoms are rare if they show. Oral chlamydia might clear up but it might not. There is no percentage for what low risk is, just low risk means not likely to happen but possible and does happen.
Ok vance I apreciate your time to reply back to
Me. I have never been so worried in all my life. I have far too much to loose so I don't know how I'm Going to confront my partner about getting a oral swab. Or do i just sit back and hope for the best :(
I have been advised by the local nurse that in the past 20 years she has rarely come across it orally and probably only seen 2 cases in here time.