Chlamydia Community
Panic over the clap

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Panic over the clap

I broke up with my boyfriend and in that week I had unprotected sex with a man. I got back together with my boyfriend and I wasn't going to tell him about the other guy because I didn't want to hurt him. The other guy calls me and said he got a call from the clinic and may have the clap. I had sex with my boyfriend since then and now I have to tell him right away. I'm just so scared of his reaction. I don't want him to have to feel any pain. He's going to be so hurt. Not only did I sleep with another man, I may have an std.... How should I approach him? I have never had to do something like this before.
Tags: The clap
Also I'm not 100% that I have it should I wait for a positive result?
If your test was at least 1 week after sex with that other guy then your test will be conclusive and yes I would wait for the result. If negative then I would test again in 1 month just to be safe.

If you are positive you just have to be honest with him. Most of the time partners are treated no matter what the results are.