Chlamydia Community
Panic over the clap

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Panic over the clap

I broke up with my boyfriend and in that week I had unprotected sex with a man. I got back together with my boyfriend and I wasn't going to tell him about the other guy because I didn't want to hurt him. The other guy calls me and said he got a call from the clinic and may have the clap. I had sex with my boyfriend since then and now I have to tell him right away. I'm just so scared of his reaction. I don't want him to have to feel any pain. He's going to be so hurt. Not only did I sleep with another man, I may have an std.... How should I approach him? I have never had to do something like this before.
Tags: The clap
Also I'm not 100% that I have it should I wait for a positive result?
If your test was at least 1 week after sex with that other guy then your test will be conclusive and yes I would wait for the result. If negative then I would test again in 1 month just to be safe.

If you are positive you just have to be honest with him. Most of the time partners are treated no matter what the results are.
Have a Chlamydia question?
100,000+ doctor answers