Chlamydia Community
Please explain how much of Azithromycin Not to take

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

I found out i have Chlamydia. I have azithromycin 500 mg 3 packs. I took one yesterday and one today. Since i haven't been to the doctor i don't have an accurate prescription. I don't have insurance, doc visits here are pricey. I read a lot online what to take for Chlamydia and seems like azithromycin is it.  How much do i need to take? Is one pill enough? I have received Chlamydia treatment before few years ago in Powder form , i believe it was azithromycin too. Does this make the situation any different?
Please help me out Doc
How did you find out you have chlamydia if you didn't go to the doctor and get tested?  We highly do not recommend self medicating.  If you are in NY as your profile says, I'm sure there are plenty of places that offer free std testing and treatment.  Start with trying your local health department.
My doctor gave me 500mg of azithromycin and I took it. Now she wants me to wait till August to be retested. I don't want to wait that long.  How long does it take to clear after you take your pills?
This is a very old post