Chlamydia Community
Recurrent Chlamydia and Yeast Infections!

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Im 21 years old and i was diagnosed with Chlamydia back in January i treated it and my partner did too with the one time dosage. I got the infection from sleeping with someone else. I go back to the doctor in March to make sure the infection is completely gone and turns out its back again.... but i know why its because we had unprotected sex before the 7 days were up. So we get treated again same meds, and now i feel like i have it again but this time i made sure we waited and we did for 10 days and then we continued to have unprotected sex. Im not sure if its a yeast infection cause the discharge is thick and white just like yeast, but im also getting a watery discharge too. My symptoms are a lil different then before cause the discharge is larger in amount. Ive had quite a few infections just in the past year 4 UTI's, 3 BV's,and 3 yeast infections,and now im headed for 3 cases of Chlamydia!! My doctor says these things are normal in some people but i doubt it i think its something more....i tried to see if i had diabetes to explain the recurrent yeast infections and the test came back negative. I go to the doctor next week for another pap to make sure it is or isnt chlamydia AGAIN! Its driving me crazy cause i have a partner involved and we have unprotected sex. By the way he hasnt had any symptoms at all even now,  ten years ago he had chlamydia and he had symptoms but this time he doesnt.,,,that weird to me! Can anybody shed some light for me im confused and fustrated i just want this to go away! Does it sound like i have chlamydia or yeast infection? I took some med for a yeast infection the other day and im waiting to see if it clears up some symptoms have decreased but not fully. I guess i will see....has anybody else gone thru this??? What am i doing wrong? Im a clean person I make sure i do everything i need to,to stay healthy.....
I wouldn't panic just yet.  Its possible that you have a yeast infection or bv, and chlamydia and/or the meds can cause that.

Since you are getting so many infections, you might want to talk to the doc about WHY he thinks you are getting them.

Yeast and BV can be caused by all kinds of things - hormones, feminine or baby wipes, douching, not wearing all cotton undies, reactions to condoms and/or lubes, damp or sweaty clothing, tight clothing, birth control pills/patches, scented soaps or toilet papers, etc.  

You might also try peeing right after sex to help prevent a UTI.  Its not at all sexy, but it might help you feel better.  

AJ