Reinfected? Please help!!!
Okay, I posted a question not that long ago about my condition with chlamydia. I have another question. Here's the story: my doctor prescribed me Doxycycline and I started taking it but on the pill bottle it only said to take one a day. I started to look online to see if my dosages were correct and it wasn't. I was supposed to be taking it twice a day. That was one week of taking Doxycycline but wrong dosage. So I called my doctor and told her about it and she made sure that my pharmacy put the correct dosage on there. So I got the right dosage for it and I finished the antibiotics on sunday (4-28-13). My boyfriend was treated with Azithromycin when I got the wrong dosage of Doxycycline. We had no intercourse while I was taking the medication in any way. I called my doctor yesterday to see if we could have intercourse and she said yes as long as my boyfriend has been treated which he has been. So me and my boyfriend had intercourse last night. My question is that is there a possibility that im reinfected even though my doctor gave me the okay to have intercourse? Cause i've been reading online that it's too early cause I finished my medication only 3 days ago. Im so scared please help me!!
It is typically recommended to wait 7 days after medication. I assume your Dr gave the ok based on the dosage that overall you took.

I think 7 days after medication is more of being extra cautious then anything else. The medication starts to work within a day or two and you should not be infectious by the end of it.

But to be extra safe I would wait 3 weeks after medication and you and bf retest.
Thank you for responding. Im still worried about it. We haven't had any intercourse except for that one night when I made sure it was okay by my doctor. I told my boyfriend what was going on and he understands. Im going to call and make an appointment today for my doctor. I know it's too early to retest because there could be dead cells of the chlamydia in my system, right? But I want to be on the safe side and ask for new medication. Should I do that?
You are correct there could be dead cells still which could be picked up on a test. I don't think you need any more medication at this time. I doubt your Dr would give you anything else just based on fear. And it would not be you who would be reinfected it would be bf. But I highly doubt he was.
So I shouldn't ask for more medication because it should be dead by now right? I just don't want to reinfect my boyfriend or myself. Im scared because I just want this disease to be out of my system. Not just mine, my boyfriend too.  I really hope it's dead by now. Thank you so much for your advice because im worried. I will definitely give an update when I get retested. Again, thank you for your advice!