Risk of chlamydia receiving oral

I'm a married man but I've had several encounters with sex workers over the last ten months.  Sex has always been protected and I was careful to check condoms afterwards for splits.

On most occasions I have received oral with a condom but on three occasions I received oral without.  I only did this because I was advised by a doctor on a previous occasion that there was no risk associated with receiving oral sex ( as is also said in several places on this website)

Anyway I have begun to develop some symptoms - slight burning when urinating and painful intermittently painful testicles.  As yet I have had no discharge that I am aware of.  So these could be an STD or symptoms of some other kind of urinary infection.

I went for an STD screen yesterday and will expect results tomorrow but I am out of my head with the worry.  I thought there was virtually no risk associated with what I did, otherwise I wouldn't have done it.

I'm terrifed of course because of my wife, although we have only had sex about four times in the last year.  All were protected apart from one occasion when we didn't use a condom, but didn't ejaculate.  But if my test is positive I will have to tell her anyway and that will be the end of the marriage.  I cannot believe how stupid I have been.

So although no one can predict the result of my test, was I stupid to think there was no risk or is that accurate info?

David
Chlamydia isn't a big risk - its rarely, if ever, an oral infection, but you could get gonorrhea, syphilis, NGU and genital herpes type 1 (if you don't have it orally already).

AJ