Chlamydia Community
STD Concerns
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

STD Concerns

I know I have asked question along similar lines in these forums before, but here is where I am currently.  It has been 7 weeks since I had unprotected sex.  2 days after that episode I was treated, as a precautionary measure, for Chlamydia & Gonorreah.  I had no signs or symptoms.  2 weeks after this I was diagnosed with Prostatitis and put on antibiotics.  3 weeks after encounter I tested negative for STD's.  It is now 7 weeks after encounter and I am still battling the prostatitis.  I guess I am having a hard time believing that I developed Prostatitis right after my sexual encounter and it has nothing to do with an STD.  Would the fact I am on antibiotics at the time of my STD testing have produced a false negative?  Do you recommend further STD testing?  My symptoms of prostatitis continue to have me convinced I have an STD since many of these symptoms so closely mirror STD's.  There is a lot of confusing information out there.   .
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
3149845_tn?1386354841
Was your prostatitis diagonsed as bacterial or non bacterial. Non bacterial can occur and the peak age group is 30 to 35. Its caused from stress and can be treated with anxiety meds. The rectum has a loop muscle and gets tense from stress and produces the same symtoms (symptoms) of bacterial but no discharge. Do you still have a white discharge?
Blank
I never had discharge.  I believe at the time of diagnosis the Dr. stated there was no bacteria present in the urine
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Chlamydia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...