Chlamydia Community
SYMPTOMS
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

SYMPTOMS

Hi

What is the time frame, after contracting Chlamydia, for symptoms to show.  I started showing symptoms of something a few days after first having sex with the guy I was dating and when I went to my doctor and asked him what these flesh colour bumps were, some of which turned into brown scabs, he said it looked like warts.  He then burnt it.  However, he said he found protein in my urine and gave me antibiotics and a week later the result of the next urine test still showed protein and he put me on another course of the same antibiotic.  On the 3rd visit, it was still the same so he took a urine sample and sent it off to the lab, the results returned high Chlamydia.  He then gave prescribed antibiotics for the both of us, 2 tablets to be taken as a single dose on an empty stomach.  A week later, he retested my urine and it was clear.  He did however send urine again to the lab for re-testing and it came back clear.  I would like to know how long does it take for this std to clear up after taking the meds and can men and females be silent carriers, showing no symptoms and what are the visual symptoms of this std.  Since my doctor burnt the growths, I have chronic irritation in my vaginal area and he says it could be a result of the nerves being damaged.  Can damaged nerves be repaired and if so how because it has been months and I have this discomfort daily.  I have been to the gynae for a check up and have als had a full std test done and the results were clear but I itch often.  What could it be?