Aa
A
A
Close
Should I be in pain after a Chlamydia test?
I went to the sex clinic today, because I felt it was about time for a general check up. I did a blood test for HIV and a swab test for Chlamydia, i had no symptoms before going.
On inserting the swab, I immediately had a burning feeling down there in my vaginal area.....? Ive done swab tests before and have never been as uncomfortable as I was today. Since doing the swab I have had excruciating burning pain every time I pee. Why did I have no symptoms before and then suddenly develop them after swabbing????
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
3149845 tn?1452625053
Hi, the swab could have injured your urethra. If it happened during the test then it must be test related. Maybe the swab stick had a sharp point on it.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Thank you for your response. I honestly dont feel that I scratched myself as I inserted the swab, but I guess its possible. Is there some kind of ointment, acid, fluid that they put on the swab to detect Chlamydia? Could I have reacted to that perhaps?
Its over 24 hrs now since I did the test and the burning is much better, but it is still there. I have been drinking copies amounts of water, Cranberry juice, Cranberry tablets and have thoroughly washed myself, in the hope that whatever the irritation is it will be flushed out soon. I realize that such remedies are useless if it is indeed Chlamydia. If it lasts another 24hrs I will go to a GP.
Otherwise do you think I am right to wait for the results of my swab, before running off to do more tests?

Naturally I am pretty anxious that I am carrying Chlamydia. I have had Cystitis a few times now and am worried that I might have been naive and mistaken the symptoms of Chlamydia for those of Cystitis.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Chlamydia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank