Chlamydia Community
Should I be in pain after a Chlamydia test?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Should I be in pain after a Chlamydia test?

I went to the sex clinic today, because I felt it was about time for a general check up. I did a blood test for HIV and a swab test for Chlamydia, i had no symptoms before going.
On inserting the swab, I immediately had a burning feeling down there in my vaginal area.....? Ive done swab tests before and have never been as uncomfortable as I was today. Since doing the swab I have had excruciating burning pain every time I pee. Why did I have no symptoms before and then suddenly develop them after swabbing????
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
3149845_tn?1386354841
Hi, the swab could have injured your urethra. If it happened during the test then it must be test related. Maybe the swab stick had a sharp point on it.
Blank
Thank you for your response. I honestly dont feel that I scratched myself as I inserted the swab, but I guess its possible. Is there some kind of ointment, acid, fluid that they put on the swab to detect Chlamydia? Could I have reacted to that perhaps?
Its over 24 hrs now since I did the test and the burning is much better, but it is still there. I have been drinking copies amounts of water, Cranberry juice, Cranberry tablets and have thoroughly washed myself, in the hope that whatever the irritation is it will be flushed out soon. I realize that such remedies are useless if it is indeed Chlamydia. If it lasts another 24hrs I will go to a GP.
Otherwise do you think I am right to wait for the results of my swab, before running off to do more tests?

Naturally I am pretty anxious that I am carrying Chlamydia. I have had Cystitis a few times now and am worried that I might have been naive and mistaken the symptoms of Chlamydia for those of Cystitis.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Chlamydia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...