Chlamydia Community
Should I tell?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Should I tell?

I have been with the same guy for 5 years now, and neither of us has strayed. Unfortunately, I was sexually assaulted when I took a trip to Germany in June 2012. It was a school trip and I knew the guy. We were actually friends, but he got drunk and out of control one night. I just got a call from my gyno and they said that I must have contracted Chlamydia from this encounter. Needless to say, I'm devastated. I contacted the guy who assaulted me (haven't talked to him since the assault) AND my current boyfriend, and told them that they need to get tested and treated.

My boyfriend is taking this very seriously, as am I, and we have taken the tests and medication. The guy who assaulted me, however, refuses to go seek testing or treatment because he is too afraid. The only problem is, he has a girlfriend now and I am scared for her. I know they have had sex, so I'm afraid she might have Chlamydia now. I guess my question is, should I tell his girlfriend? I don't want her to have it for years without knowing and I want to protect her, but I know it's not really MY place since I'm not having sex with her.

Ugh, it's complicated. But I really need help.
2 sides to this...yes it is really not your place to tell his gf. But just being a compasionate person it is your place to tell her. So if it was me I would tell her.