Chlamydia Community
Symptoms of Chlamydia 12 months after treatment
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Symptoms of Chlamydia 12 months after treatment

Hi.

My x boyfriend gave me Chlamydia 12 months ago. I only had slight symptoms of minor discoloration and change in frequency of discharge, and slight change in smell. I was suspicious and got myself tested. The urine sample came back positive for chlamydia.

My medical doctor prescribed treatment. After treatment I had a blood test - The tests came back negative. There were still persistence of symptoms 1 month later and I got myself tested again - this time by taking a vagina sample. The tests came back negative. My doctor told me not to come back for further testing, but rather eat cultured yoghurt if symptoms persisted. It has been 12 months now. I have constant discharge, it smells (not fishy, but still the same uncomfortable smell as when i was diagnosed the first time), it has slight yellow discolouration, some times mucous/snotty looking green lumps which seems to be centralized around my cervix, it is very thick and milky. I am 26 and know my own body - This is NOT normal for me.

I have avoided having sex with anyone i have been involved with the past year because i am uncomfortable having anyone come near my vaginal discharge. This is clearly an issue for me, and this is not psychological, due to my shower soap or in my imagination. What is missed? Could the tests have come back negative due to having washed myself before going to the doctors, and misguided the vaginal sample? Are there other STDs a standard vaginal cultured test for chlamydia, gonorrhoea, HIV etc may have missed? am i stuck with something else than chlamydia? I'm worried I will go sterile. Also, i want to feel comfortable having sex and being in a relationship! PLEASE HELP!
580755_tn?1357673215
I doubt chlamydia based on negative test and should have no issues with the test just because you washed before. But something is going on, maybe BV or yeast? I would see your Dr again and explore some other things as I have mentioned above to start.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Chlamydia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank