Chlamydia Community
Syphilis - VDRL & TPHA Positive

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Syphilis - VDRL & TPHA Positive

Hi all !
Following is all my circumstances and questions.

Circumstances:
I am a resident of Pakistan and currently is working here
I wanted to move Gulf for Job.
Recently, I got a job in Saudia Arabia.
In my medical test here in Pakistan as a part of visa processing.
I am diagnosed for Syphilis, both tests VDRL & TPHA are reactive (report is not showing any additional information like any value or duration of this infection etc)
So I am declared UNFIT to work in Saudi Arabia.
As I always had unsafe relations but I never had any of the Symptom, so just to double check the results, I had my VDRL test again and it was Positive (again it didn't show any additional information so that I know how older it is etc)
I have consulted my doctor and treatment will start today.
I hope things will be fine soon.

My Questions:

1- VDRL report only show its positive. I want to know which stage of Syphilis it is. So guide me for any specific test that shows how older this infection is and whats its intensity.

2- If I have Syphilis of Primary or Secondary stage, after starting treatment how long it take to get all tests negative?

3- If I have Syphilis of 3rd or 4th stage, after starting treatment how long it will take that all my tests will start showing that I am Syphilis free?

4. What is the percentage in which there is a chance that even after treatment, Syphilis will keep on showing positive in my tests of VDRL through out my life ?

5- What the specialist doctor called who treat specifically for Syphilis?

additional question :
If you know any Gulf country that allow people with Syphilis to work, please name it.

Thanks and warm regards in anticipation for all the participants in the discussion
1. No test will tell you what stage it is in or even how long you have had it. Sometime a Tier# associated with a test can give a Dr an indication of how long you have had it, but not always.

2. You would see the tier# drop but you might never test negative or it might be years.

3. Same answer as #2

4. Good chance

5. Don't know in your country

6. Impossible to answer

3. Same answer as #2

4. Good chance

5. Don't know in your country

6. Impossible to answer
I read many of your comments else where too, and I know you are very good at knowledge.
Stay blessed and thanks for your response
hi im from pakistan umar....this is my email address r_co_lhr77***@**** can help u..plz contact me
No emails, start your own thread