Chlamydia Community
Throat Chlamydia

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Throat Chlamydia

3 weeks ago I had sex with a girl and caught chlamydia, a week later I took a test and tested positive. Before receiving my test result back I received oral sex from my girlfriend who then developed a sore throat. What I want to know is what are the possibilities that the chlamydia was transmitted orally? I hear it is uncommon and that it cannot survive well in the throat? Does the infection last in the throat if the symptoms appear to go away or does this mean the bacteria is dying?

Please advise me as I am really worried,

Thank You,

Ian Pro
Oral symptoms really mean nothing when it comes to an oral STD. It is very uncommon but possible for her to have it.
Have a Chlamydia question?
100,000+ doctor answers