Throat Chlamydia

I recently contracted chlamydia from a stranger during sexual intercourse. I then engaged in oral sex with my girlfriend (Whilst infected, but not aware), she developed a sore throat a few days after which persisted for 2 weeks. Is this just pure coinsedence/slight irritation to the throat or what are the chances she contracted chlamydia in the throat?! I am really worried about this. I know they say it is rare to contract throat chlamydia but if she had a sore throat and slightly inflamed glands do you think chlamydia is the reason?

Please help.

Ian
Hi and sorry you going through this, I take it this was unprotected oral sex that your girlfriend gave you and are you sure you had it at the time you were diagnosed?
Yes it was unprotected oral with my girlfriend.

I definitely had chlamydia without knowing at the time, is it a really low chance she has it in the throat? I read so much on the internet and seem to be going round in circles. Some say that it can be contracted in the throat, yet experts on here say this is uncommon/never happens.
Lets wait till Vance answers as he is the expert. According to the Mayo clinic chlamydia is spread through anal vaginal or oral sex. I dont think the question here is about coinsedence, symptoms (many dont show symptoms) or chances but was a person exposed. If a person is exposed then there is a chance they can get it.
I know they were exposed but I hear the chances of contracting it are low, I spoke to a nurse at the clinic and she stated that the risk is so low that it isn't worth worrying about?
Vance will be along, just keep checking in. Everything will be ok and as the nurse said, dont worry.
maybe post this on the STD forum as Grace is an expert also and can give you some great advise.
Oral STD's don't show symptoms most of the time, but a sore throat could be a symptom as that has been reported. With that said Dr's on this site say at best it is rare, which backs up what the nurse told you.
Now to be safe she should have a throat swab or else you run the risk of her passing it back to you then you giving it to her vaginally.
OK. If she performs oral sex on me again and I test negative on a chlamydia test after, does that mean that she most Definitely does not have it as I haven't contracted it back?
How do you know you had/have chlamydia? Did you medicate?

Just because someone has a STD it doesn't mean it will get transmitted from any kind of sexual contact, but there is a risk. So no just because you don't get it the 1st or 2nd or 50th times doesn't mean you will nit get it the 51st time.
I tested positive for it and received treatment. Is it a high chance she would get it in the throat from giving me oral sex whilst infected. I've heard it struggles to survive there and one expert on this site says ngu and gonnorrhea can be transmitted but chlamydia cannot. I know there is a risk but how likely do you think it is?