Chlamydia Community
Throat chlamydia

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Throat chlamydia

How big is the risk of getting chlamydia in the throat? and if so what are the long term damages? I have had a chlamydia test done for both the throat and vagina and both were negative but i am worried still about the throat one. This test was done 8 months ago but i only recently read more about the throat chlamydia. Could it transfer through my body south if i do have it? can it be transmitted to a partner if i perform oral? please someone help me!
Tags: throat, test, help, worried, transfer, risk, help me, Chlamydia, Oral, Vagina
Chlamydia in the throat is rare, if it even happens.  Many experts, including those in our STD expert forum, say it doesn't happen.

STDs don't travel through the body from the mouth to the genitals, so if you had it orally, and your tests say you don't, then it would only be an oral infection.

You don't have anything to worry about.

Aj
Thank you so much! but if i did have it ( now im curious) and i went and had oral with my boyfriend could he get infected with chlamydia sexually?
Yes, its possible, but remember that oral chlamydia is RARE, at best.  

Aj
hi im i female and ive had oral sex a fwe weeks back, and now have noticed my tonge is white with red spots all over it and it also stings every now and again. can you help.
i did have tonisitus, last week but thats gone.
That isn't sounding like any std, and you should get that checked out by your doctor.  Make sure to tell him/her about the oral sex, but it really isn't sounding like an std.

Aj
Can u get chlamydia or any other std or sti from kissing.
No.  You can get herpes type 1, but that's not really considered an std.  

Aj