Chlamydia Community
Tip of Penis stings - STD?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Tip of Penis stings - STD?

I am a male.  About a month ago I received oral sex from another male, without a condom.  A week or so later I started experiencing a stinging type feeling to the tip of my penis.  It has been mostly constant since that time.  Not drastically painful, but a noticeable mildly uncomfortable pain.  I am wondering, could I have contracted an STD from that encounter that would cause this stinging pain?  My only other symptom would be occasional mild burning when I urinate, but that certainly does not happen every time I urinate.  If it is not an STD, any other ideas of what it might be?  Thanks for any help you can offer.
Hi and welcome, unprotected oral sex is considered low risk for contracting STD's but low doesnt mean "no" risk. Others include NGU or non-specific urethreitis. Since your symptoms are falling into the time frame, you might wanted to get tested just to make sure your ok. Usually these also inlcude a white or clear discharge.
As a man we certainly do notice these slight irritations but sometimes it can be our imagination caused by pulling and checking that area.
same thing happen to me as well. I was diagnosed with Chlamydia.
With the occasional burning sensation you are getting when you urinate may indicate that you have a urinary infection in your bladder.  The acid urine cause the burning and stinging.  Get your urine checked for that so that you can get treated appropriately.

The redness and uncomfortable feeling you have, could be as a result of getting Candida Albicans (Thrush).  Get checked out like ms203 says for Chlamydia, but also consider the possibility that you may have also caught the thrush.  Thrush can be in the mouth too, and as you had unprotected oral sex, you may have got it from him if he has thrush in the mouth.  Antibiotics can cause thrush too.

If you have Thrush this is a fungal yeast infection and is treated by antifungal creams like Canesten, Canesten HC.  Your pharmacist will be able to advise you on other available creams to treat fungal infections.

I would advise that you see the doctor to get checked out what is causing your problem and to rule out any bacterial infections.  Once you know what is causing this problem, you will be treated accordingly.

Keep the area clean, do not use any harsh soaps.  Drink plenty of fluids and natural live yogurt to get your flora balance right.

Best wishes