Trichomoniasis/chlamydia
I went to get a pap smear, and they also test for chlamydia and gonnarhea.  Before my pap smear results came back, i was told that i tested positive for chlamydia. I was shocked and confused because i have been in a relationship for over 6 years and he is the only partner i have ever had.  He swears that he did not cheat, and i believe him.  My pap smear results came back and i have trichomoniasis.  Before the results came back i thought maybe i had BV, which i read can sometimes cause a false positive for chlamydia.  My question is...Can trichomoniasis cause the chlamydia test to come back positive?
having a numerous of things going on could cause a false positive BUT I would question that if you have already been treated then your BF should get tested to find out if he is infected ( I would go with him and see his results). Also I would not engage in sexual realations until he is tested and treated.
Hi. Ive read ur answeres to many questions on here and you seem very knowledgeable in this area. I was wondering if you could help me with my question, please. Can trichomoniasis cause a false postive for a chlamydia test?  I would greatly appreciate a response.
i felt the same way. here was my question

While pregnant I was tested for the first time ever for any STDs and came back negative. After birth before doing a birth control method I was tested again for STDs and came back with Chlamydia. I know in my heart and I may sound stupid but I know neither of us cheated. How or is this even possible? How long does it take for someone to show positive for Chlamydia?