Chlamydia Community
UTI mistaken for STD?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

UTI mistaken for STD?

My boyfriend recently went to the doctor with UTI symptoms. I have gotten UTIs before without any symptoms other than peeing more often. I hardly noticed any difference recently, but a few days after we had sex, he was complaining of UTI symptoms. I know UTIs can get passed through sex.

MY QUESTION is, his doctor gave him an antibiotic before test results came back. I looked up the antibiotic, and it's used for treating chlamydia or gonorrhea, not a UTI. WHY would the doctor treat for an STD when my boyfriend is my ONLY sex partner, and I had full testing less than 6 months ago that came back perfectly clean?
580755_tn?1357673215
This is a discussion you need to have with bf becuase I can't say why Dr did that. Maybe he thinks he has a STD or maybe he does have a STD from outside the relationship? Can't give you an answer only your bf can.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Chlamydia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...