Chlamydia Community
UTI or Chlamydia????

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

UTI or Chlamydia????

Hi I recently had unprotected sex with my girlfriend since she is on bc. She has had UTI a few times in the past (I'd say maybe 5 or 6 times in the past 2-3 years). After ejaculating I continued to thrust a little bit and she said she felt some vaginal soreness soon afterwards. The next day she felt burning, irittating symptoms and constant urge to urinate but very little would come out, seemed like typical signs of UTI. The next day or two she felt the same UTI symptoms again, they have not been very severe but there is definitely pain and discomfort.

This made me worried and I started to feel a throbbing in my penis but no real pain of any kind so I think it was paranoia thinking she may have given me something. In any case, after he second burning sensation it went away again for a few days (3-4) and then came back and she is now getting tested. To my knowledge there has been no discharge, itching, swelling or any other symptoms besides the urinating symptoms.

I know sometimes chlamydia or gonorrhea can be confused for UTI or cause UTI. To recap: we had sex and the next day she felt the UTI symptoms, they went away for a day or two came back, went away for another few days (3-4) and came back again.

So i would say it has been 8-9 days since intercourse. I do not have any symptoms of anything but am scared that I may not feel them yet since it can take some time. I guess my questions are:

1. Would any sort of std be felt the next day?? I thought these usually take a few days to form-feel.
2. Could the UTI have been the initial cause of the pain but now the STD is taking effect?
3. Could this STD have lingered in one of us for a while without any symptoms? Why would they just occur now?
4. I thought it was more normal for males to feel chlamydia like symptoms more than woman at times, would it be possible for me to have passed it without knowing?
5. Are there any other ways that any of the possible STD's or UTI been passed besides sexually?

Please help I am very concerned I may have been given something, I have never had UTI or an STD and my paranoia is making me feel like something is there but I don't necessarily have any symptoms of anything. THANK YOU!
Also wanted to mention, from what I know we have both been monogamous, so I am wondering if it could be she fooled around with someone else or this is something that just never tested positive. Is that even a possibility?  

Could it be some sort of yeast infection or a type of bladder disease or something?

Thanks in advance for all your help.
How long have you all been together?  Have either of you been with anyone else before getting together?

They do take at least 2 days, usually longer.

Maybe, if this is an std.  I don't know enough about your history to know if you all have a risk.

It could linger, but I'd be better able to answer this if I knew how long you'd been together.

Passed it to her?  Yes.

Oral sex and vaginal and anal sex, that's it.

AJ