Chlamydia Community
Uncureable chlamydia

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Uncureable chlamydia

About 2months ago, I noticed a cloudy discharge coming out of my penis. This was exactly 11days after having unprotected sex with a female. (Vaginal sex only, no anal, no oral) I went to see the doctor, who, without testing for anything, prescribed me doxycycline, 1 capsule twice a day for a week. After that week, the symptoms got slightly better, so i went back and he gave me another 2weeks of the same thing. After that, the symptoms had significantly improved, but there was still a little bit everyday, very little, but still some. So I went back and the doctor said sometimes there can be multiple infections, so prescribed me 1g of azithromycin and 8tablets of metronidazole to take there and then and also took a culture to test for gonorrhoea. I waited 10days and there was no improvement but it also didn't get any worse. I was also negative for gonorrhoea. At that time, the doctor again gave me 2more weeks worth of doxycycline as it had seen improvement originally. After I had finished all of this medicine, there was no change, still the same, less discharge but still there. So I went back, again, at which point he tested me for gonorrhoea again and chlamydia too and retreated me with azithromycin and metronidazole. Which brings me to now. I STILL have discharge, not a lot, but it's there, yellow if i haven't cleared it for a few hours, cloudy otherwise. I tested negative for gonorrhoea and am waiting for the results to the chlamydia as it takes 2 weeks. I am scared that the doctor actually has no idea what to do as all he did last time was give me drugs he'd already given me, and they didn't work either time.

Essentially, I have been treated for chlamydia, gonorrhoea and trichomoniasis to no effect. Can anyone help me? I'm desperate.
I forgot to say, I'm a 20 year old male, and since the day I discovered discharge 2months ago, I have had zero sexual contact i.e. no chance of reinfection.
well your doctor is stupid for not testing you to begin with, both of your test would be negative after all that treatment. you were over treated for gono and Chlamydia is a single dose not continuing treatment .

you may want to ask for a test for NGU but even so you've been treated so much that that is probably clear too, I would give it a couple weeks to see if it clears up completely... Off the meds. At this point you've been given engough meds to cure 10 ppl, ( a figure of speech)

is the discharge the only remaining symptom? does it happen on its own or are you pinching and squeezing your ding ****?
it happens on its own very slightly and i squeeze my penis to clear it all out. There was about a day day period in the middle of all of this where I was abroad and couldn't see the doctor. During that time I was off meds, and symptoms persisted. Any other ideas?
a day isn't the same as a week or two...

With all the meds in your body you can't even test right now until they clear your system because you'll get false results if you are infected.

Like I said give it sometime a couple weeks and if it persist then you need to do follow up testing before treatment. retesting for gono, chlamydia, trich and NGU. Howevery I highly doubt Gono due to the amount of doxy you've taken. Thre is a chance of chlamydia since although give the zithro you weren't taking it correctly but there is no way of telling at this point because your test are going to be skewed with all the meds in your body.

If you don't want to wait then you can continue doing what you're doing but there won't be any end in sight. it could very well be nothing or something else not related to an STD all this treatment isn't helping at this point so why not relax and give it sometime and see if stops or continues.

Sorry, it was a typo. when i wrote "day day" I meant "ten day".
So yes i have stopped taking meds for that period of time. I took zithromax both times in the morning, about 1hour after breakfast with about a cup and a half of water. I have also not drunk alcohol since starting the drugs just in case it interfered with any of the drugs i was taking.

So, if this isn't an STD, and the 2week window after original unprotected sex was just a completely coincidence, any ideas as to what it is? Or what I could get my doctor to test for? As it seems like he's out of ideas too...

p.s. thank you for the help so far
If your still having symptoms 14 days after the meds have cleared your system then try retesting for gono, chlamydia, Trich and NGU. If all of those come out negative then you will need to see a urologist. We could begin to tell you what it is or could be, you've been treated for STDs it is just a matter as to whether the treatment worked.
it's been 2 weeks since the drugs, still have symptoms. If I get tested for all of these, and they test positive, what does it matter anyway? I've already been treated for them to no effect? So it just tells me what I have with no medicine that seems to work on me...
did you find an answer? did you finally get treated??