Untreated for 3 months
I had chlamydia and was left untreated for about 3 months, I had very little symptoms and did not think anything of it.  I had a discharge for a day or two and I noticed after a while that I had a foul smell here and there.  I would douche, thinking that it was needed.  But then noticed that it would not fix my foul odor.  So i went to the dr and was diagnosed with chlamydia.  I am scared that I may have been exposed to PID because of the chlamydia that was left untreated.  I am scared that I may not be able to have anymore children.  I have my tubes tied and will be getting a tubal reversal on July 8th, 2009 and am worried about the chances of me being able to get pregnant.  I guess my first question would be, can you become pregnant after an episode of PID?  Is it likely that I have PID and not know it?  How long do you have to go untreated to get PID?  I have no symptoms of PID, but is it possible to not have any at all?  Does PID affect your heart?
I had it for about four months before being treated and diagnosed and i did not develope PID. But every one is different. I suggest talking to your doctor about an exaime for PID. You can still have kids after having PID as long as it is treated. PID does not effect your heart. you could actually have PID and not know it for a while but if you did have symptoms you would be experiencing pain. You should talk to your doc. about PID though.

One good way to get a hint if you have any infections going on is to get a WBC (white blood count) this will tell you if you have an infection but not what it is or where it is.
WBC count? really? so you this if the WBC coulnt was abnormal it would indicate PID?
No.  She said it tells you IF you have an infection, NOT WHAT KIND or WHERE in your body.
yes I know thank you.
Im not sure if i have it or not but if i do i have had it for over a year. can PID sit dormant for that long? I can say the only symptom i have had is pain during sex. could that be caused by something else? and if it is PID how long does it have to go untreated before i become infertile?
Please start a thread dedicated to your question and it will be answered.