Chlamydia Community
Urine sample

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Urine sample

Can a urine sample detect clamydia (chlamydia)? I had a urine sample that showed trace bacteria. It Was not specific to what type of bacteria it could be.. I haven't had sex with no one other than my wife.. She had a uti an is being treated and doctor said trace bacteria is normal, unless WBC, and rbc ate high they don't treat.. I have blader pain and burning pain when urinating.
If the urine sample is tested for chlamydia then yes. If not then no.
The debate over whether urine culture is as effective at detecting chlamydia and gonorrhea as is testing of cervical and urethral swabs often focuses on women, because the most common site of female infection (the cervix) is not on the pathway that urine travels out of the body. However, worries about urine testing efficacy seem to be reasonably unfounded.