Chlamydia Community
When is it gone?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

When is it gone?

I just was tested positive for chlamydia and been on Doxycycline for 3 days now and have a 14 day prescription. I was wondering when the chlamydia would be completely gone? Also my doctor said it would show positive on an STD test for 6-8 months after being treated...is that true? If i wanted to have unprotected sex with a new girlfriend what is the time span i should wait before i know for sure i wont transmit it?
2 weeks. But you should use condoms until you know she does not have STD's. A new STD test for you can be done 3-4 weeks after last dose of medication. It will not stay positive for 6-8 months.
Have a Chlamydia question?
100,000+ doctor answers