Chlamydia Community
When to eat after azithromycin and other questions..

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

I was prescribed a 1000mg (4x250) azithromycin treatment. I know I must drink lots of water, but how long should I wait to eat after wards? My instructions were to take it after eating, but I've read elsewhere that you should take it on an empty stomach. Should I not have eaten? I have never had sex without a condom, but somehow got chlamydia. How is this possible? Lastly, just how bad will the side effects be? Will it prevent me from going to work for the entire seven days?
Thanks in advance.
You may have had a false result.  It can happen.  Or if the person you had sex with had chlamydia and you rubbed genitals, you could potentially have been infected that way.  

Treatment will not prevent you from going to work at all. (Nice try). And every person is different.  Some people get side effects.  Some don't.