Z-pak (500mg 1st day, 250mg for 4 days)
I was wondering if the standard 5 day course of z-pak would treat chlamydia?  I know that the standard is 1g but cannot find info on regular use z-pak.

Many thanks.
It depends on the strength of the z-pack.  If they were 500 mg pills, then on the first day, you would have taken 1gm, which would work.

Z-packs also come in 250 mg pills, in which case it might not work.

AJ
It was the 250 mg/pill pack. (500 1st day and 250 after that)... so chances are no, right?

Thank you for your resonse!

Its a maybe.  If you've taken them, you should test in a few weeks to make sure its gone.

AJ
I had an unprotected encounter on May 7 no sex since.  I went to the Dr. on Tuesday with chlamydia symptoms.  Dr thought it was chlamydia or prostatitis he took blood and urine.

He immedatley put me on the same zpack as you the 250 mg/pill pack. (500 1st day and 250 for 4 days after that)

From what I have been reading and what he told me that should do the trick.  That written auntiesessi knows more about this than me.