Chlamydia Community
athlete's foot and chlamydia?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

athlete's foot and chlamydia?

my doctor called me today said i am postive for chlamydia and i called the 2 other people i have been with sexually and they both "said" they were tested recently and they dont have anything. Of course i know i cant take thier word for it thats why im just not going to bother with it because i already have medicine to take my infection away. anyways, i did some looking around and found out that chlamydia is a bacteria infection. my boyfriend has a really bad athlete's foot infection and always scrahes them. without thinking, we most likely had sex and his fingers were down in my area. sense athlete's foot is a bacteria, and bacteria sticks on fingers(skin) could that have caused my bacteria infection(chlmaydia). i know its most likely from having sex with someone who has it already, but i would like to think outside the box and give a reasonable question.

Athlete's foot is NOT a bacteria, its a fungal infection.   So athlete's foot is not caused by chlamydia.   And Therefore, you weren't infected that way.    

Did you have any symptoms (maybe you had a false positive) ?
You bf needs to get tested and treated as well, no sex for a 1 week.

P.S
buy some Tough Actin Tinactin (anti-fungal) spray for your boyfriend's athlete's foot.   That **** works.
he got tested about a week ago and he dosnt have it. my friend who had sex with the same guy as me got tested as well and she doesnt have it. so im not sure where is came from at all. i am going to ask my doctor if maybe they gave me the wrong results. but thank you for answering my question i really appreciate it.
i will let him know to use that!