Chlamydia Community
can bacterial vaginosis cause chlamydia?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Ive recently been checked out at a GUM clinic, because of a worring phone call from my ex partner.
hes new girlfriend had some tests done for STDs and came back positive for chlamydia. Now she already knew that she suffers from bacterial vaginosis, and this has flared back up, which is why she had the tests done.
Both my ex and his girlfriend have said that they have not been with anyone else since being together, which would make the last person, before her, that my ex slept with, me so I had the test and it came back negative. Now if this is the case and niether of them have slept with anyone else, how has chlamydia come into play?
My Question is a simple 1, can bacterial vaginosis cause chlamydia or do you have to be in contact with someone who has chlamydia to get it?
No you have to be in contact with someone who has chlamydia to get it.  They are different bacterias.  BV is an overgrowth of the natural bacteria in the vagina.  Chlamydia is a foreign bacteria to the vagina.

It is possible to have false results.  I think someone on this forum asked if BV could cause a false positive for chlamydia and if I recall correctly, the answer (from AJ, who has worked with std's for many years) was yes.

The question is did he test positive?  If he didn't, then you definitely don't have it
he tested positive, but i tested negative. all i really wanted to kno is if 1 can cause the other. thank you
And the answer is no.  
Maybe they lied to each other and are trying to blame you . My advice is, if it makes you feel better go to the doc to have the test done one more time. if it comes back as negative again, tell your ex and leave it at that. It's their problem, not yours ;-)
Yes it sounds as though they are both ashamed of this and they need some one to blame... unfortunetly you, i would send him your neg. results so that he is aware it was not you who did this.